Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Marshalls required for club sprint at Llandow

Jason Plato

Very difficult this lack of volunteers.

Which I can well understand.

People are reluctant to give up their precious free time, for free.

Is it not possible to charge a bit more for the events & either pay for a professional set of marshalls or entice non professional,non compeating people to do it for a wonga incentive 🤔

The fact is that without volunteers we wouldnt have any motorsport at all . If we are to start paying marshalls for the day I believe this would cripple the sport - the costs of running an event are already high without further expense .

I give up my free time to organise these events and its becoming ever more difficult to get others to help you out to the point where I am not going to organise any sprints next year because I'm tired of all the running around, organisation, paperwork and general stress of pulling all this together with little help being offered - other than by a handfull of my fellow local members *thumbup*- who unfortunatley are unable to help on this weekend.

Blunt maybe - but its how I feel ☹️

Dave

Dave...am attempting to get my Sis and Dave21P to come along and help! if I get the nod I'll drop you a blatmail mate....

If not....although I'm competing (if the entry gets there on time!) is there anything I can do when not sprinting?

Dannyboy *tongue*

153bhp and 184lb/ft ??????????????????? My arse *tongue*

Dave,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello on Sunday - I was stuck over the back of the circuit being scared by people on shiny ali cars who kept driving sideways (and round and round at one point *wink*)

Had a great weekend with both the trackday and the sprint.

Looking forward to the next one 😬

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

Incorporating the Caterham Links Database

Steve's "ex Brands Hatch marshal" was there but couldn't marshal after twisting his knee getting out of the tent in the middle of the night - no connection with the 6X he'd been drinking in Llantwit earlier - so I donned the orange jacket and helped out. Steve said I was "as much use as a chocolate fireguard", that's good, isn't it *confused* I can certainly recommend the experience and the "pi$$ing rain" made for more entertainment 😬

Thanks for organising it Dave and congratulations on the addition to your family. [steve says that was another Dave Jackson 😳 I thought your driving was, er, quite vigorous for a 51 year-old.]

Fatalism means never having to wonder if it's safe to overtake *eek*

Edited by - Tony Whitley on 14 Aug 2005 20:15:02