Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rear wheel bearings

Mark H

I've not seen the rear carrier, but if it is the Sierra part then Sierra rear bearings will fit, if its a Caterham special upright then you're in the lap of the Gods, might be worth measuring the part and noting the bearing manufacturers part number to see if it is an OEM part, cant imagine Caterham would make an upright and then look for a bearing to fit. I'd certainly have a mind to available bearings before doing the design. There is a good chane that it may yet be the Sierra bearings regardless of the provenance of the carrier.

Oily

Just find your local industrial supplier of bearings, take cash and the old bearings, in or out of the housing and ask for what ever quantity of those you want - they will be able to determine size and spec if numbers are not apparent - more than likely (tho' not guarenteed) to be cheaper than Ford - if it is Ford - the bearing number will do, if the year and model are known, they should be able to look it up.

Bri

Thanks for that,but i would like to know the numbers as i use my car full time,and dont have the means to get to a supplier if i dismantal the 7.

so if anybody does know the ford number it would help!.

mark wink.gif

Edited by - Marc hicks on 27 Nov 2001 17:42:39