Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GPS Reception

charlie_pank

Yes - can't remember what day it was last week, but both my Road Angel (getting a bit old and tends only to find 4-5 sats) and my Garmin eTrex really, *really* struggled to pick anything up and I drove most of the journey blind.

Friday,I think.

I've not noticed a particular problem since then, but on that occasion, it was clearly some kind of outside influence.

Testing the so-called 'compatible' Euro system perhaps?

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 2 Aug 2005 08:06:36

Yes, my StreetPilot which is normally extremely good at keeping a lock on has recently been losing connection more than usual.

Maybe the septics are messing with things.

- Tim

Caterham 7 - BMW E30 M3 - Nissan Navara

My Cyclops has been having similar problems. I also noticed it using my Garmin when I went for a run (wanted to see how far the circuit was). It was fine around Arthur's seat, but no reception anywhere near Holyrood house or the Scottish Parliament building - wonder if it's a security thing.

• Area Representative

No problems up here in the north, but I always use a separate external antenna on my Garmin Street Pilot and I'm sure this is much better when you have a heated windscreen.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Have found the problem to exist:

1. Cyclops with external GPS antenna stuck to top of roll cage (normally perfect)

2. Cyclops In Tin-top stuck on dashboard under non-heated windscreen (normally virtually perfect) drove from Edinburgh to Surrey on Jul 22nd and return journey on 26th and had no reception at least 50% of the time.

3. Handheld Garmin Etrex wandering around Holyrood park in Edinburgh on the Sunday just gone.