Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spax rear damper

John_C

One rear damper has just started leaking so I am after a single or pair of spax adjustable rear dampers for a ital live axle, as fitted as standard to a 96 car.

Any condition considered as the piggy bank is empty as I have just completed a blackbird conversion.

Thanks John

John, I have a pair of Spax currently on my De Dion car which I need to replace with the Bilsteins I have in the garage. Nothing wrong with them just need to match the backs with the fronts due to wide track conversion.

Is there any difference between the ital live axle and the de dion. Mine in a 1991 car.

Hope to do this as soon as I can find time. Might up the priority if I knew someone could use them.

Alan and his Yellow and Green 1700 BDR HPC.

Hi Chris,

That's great news, thank you very much.

I will wait for you to let me know when/if I can pick them up.

I will make a donation to NTL.

Also thanks for the offer Alan but I don't think the de dion and live axle are interchanable, but I'm no 7 expert !

Thanks again John

John: I can probably step into Chris's shoes *smile* I've got 4 (yes 4!) rear adjustable Spax off an Ital axle car. 2 are off my '97 Grads car & 2 were bought 2nd-hand as 'spares', but never used. A reasonable donation to NTL should do the trick.

HTH, Mark

PS: Surprise, surprise, I've also got 4 fronts.......