Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Couple of cheap scooters (repost)

stephen grant

The sale of these fell through, so i'm readvertising them. If no-one's interested, i'll shove them onto e-bay, but I thought i'd try here again first, since there was a bit of interest first time around. I definately want to try to sell the two of them together, although i'll split if I can get buyers for each bike. £250 the pair.

These have both been hanging around in my garage for ages now, and arn't getting used, hence the sale. Neither have tax or an MOT.

1 x Sym Jet 49cc restricted scooter. Red with rather tacky "Red Devil" decals that look like they will peel off without too much effort. First registered November 2000, I'm the second owner and i've owned it since 2002 and done less than 50 miles on it since then. Has both electric and kick starts and comes with an outdoor cover. It's been dropped twice, so the bodywork is a bit scraped around the back, but it's nothing more than that. The battery, unsuprisingly, is now flat and knackered. Starts and runs fine with a jump from a battery pack, which i'm happy to demonstrate to prospective buyers, but realistically it's going to need a new battery.

1 x Honda Express Deluxe 49cc. First registered 1980, this is stylistically challenged, to say the least, but is actually in very reasonable nick and starts and runs just fine. It looks more like a chopper with a small engine than a modern scooter though. It runs on a 6v battery and has very low mileage. It's very retro and people tend to point and laugh a lot as you go by, especially if you have a full face lid on. I paid £200 for it in 2001, and have since then ridden it to the local train station a few times, but I really just need the space in the garage now. I have no way of starting this now, since I don't have a 6v jump pack and the battery refuses to take charge. There's not a lot really that can go wrong with it, but it might need a once over and a new tank of petrol I guess. At this price i'm kinda throwing it in for free to be honest.

stephen

Edited by - stephen grant on 1 Aug 2005 13:15:57

• 2 weeks later...