Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loton Park Records Fall

KenEvans

Unlike me, one or two of our members have sufficient humility not to blow their own trumpets on here so I'll do it for them *wink*

Brodie Branch went up Loton faster than any previous Caterham recording a time IIRC of 52.18. This just beats Dave Kimberley's National A record time of 52.22! Sadly, since L7C was in its own class the record time won't be listed anywhere ☹️ There was a long line-up of single seaters but only two or three of them beat Brodie's time - and this was only his second time at Loton!!

Because this is our local venue Mad Griff and I had elected to run in our proper classes 2A and 2B respectively because we were getting closer to the class records and we didn't want to miss the opportunity.

In my class the Nat B record had held at 57.05 since 9/9/01 set by a Dax Rush V8 four wheel drive on tyres of doubtful list 1A status according to those in the know. On run one I achieved 57.57 followed by a fail as I locked up and buried the nose cone into some tyres, third run 57.23 followed by a "record" 56.97 that left me shaking like I never had before. But bugger me if Ashley Mason in his well sorted 2.0Vx Westfield hadn't gone and recorded a 56.84(?) approximately one minute earlier. At the top of the hill I found him lying knackered on the ground holding his ticket in the air - I was gutted! However I have a national A event coming up soon where Trevor Willis's record (Westfield 2.0Vx again) is 57.04 held since 22/8/99! *smile*

Mad Griff however excelled once again! The class record was held by John Palmer in his Puma engined Westfield at 57.12 since August 2003. On the timed runs Griff went straight in with a storming 55.95 or thereabouts only to improve on his second run with 55.77!! That roadgoing record will stand for a long, long time! *thumbup*

Ken

Thanks chaps! D.J. pulled one out the bag to record a 55-something,and with rain finally stoping play the'BDT Gang' couldn't respond!Great time though Dave and congrats to Andy G too!Cheers Ken,I'll be your P.R.man if you want! 😬 *thumbup* P.S. hope you get the car fixed soon-we've all done it!

'......in yer bike!'

Not too bad Dave *thumbup*, wish I could of continued after my whopsie to keep you on your toes 😬, It was going to be a good run, right up to the point of impact *mad* *mad*

How did Jonny go 🤔

Any good with his new Nitrons 🤔

There were certainly some cracking times set on Saturday and I think I'm right in saying that new class records were set in all classes so the standard in the championship goes from strength to strength.

Brodies time is truly outstanding and perhaps next year he should enter the relevant class to ensure that should he break the record again that it is recognised. Congratulations also to Ken on another great time even if he was pipped to a class record and to Andy Griff for a stunning time on List 1 A's.

See you at Llandow *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*