Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RAF Merryfield Sprint ..........WOW !!!!!

Jason Plato

Attended a new venue on Saturday, its RAF Merryfield just off Junction 25 of M5 the overhead view is here .

The course is 3.1 miles of the perimeter road with a few coned chicanes thrown in to slow you down. I was surprised by the quality of the surface - all smooth tarmac with no expansion joints , the coned sections were a little tight - think MIRA and your not far off but the rest of the course was realy fast and flowing .

My second practice was 156 seconds , then we reduced that to 153 on first timed which put me 4th overall behind a F3 car , a Formula Renault and a busha powered Force 😬and leading my class by 18 seconds *eek*. Sadly owing to reason, I had to leave straight after my second timed run so I dont know what my time was or where I finished up - results are sent to competitors in the next few days .

Anyway - you should realy try this venue, it is fantastic . If you can imagine Longcross without the snake, 3 times as wide and half as long again you will get the idea *cool* - we hit the revlimiter twice in 6th at 146 *tongue* once whilst gong round the last corner sliding across the runway 😬 😬

You will have to register with ASWMC and get your entry off quick as it was a full entry of 120 cars *thumbup*

Dave