Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Extra power & smaller starter motors specification

dikko

• Area Representative

As I can't find my advert I put in last week in order to get a response.....I thought I should readvertise.....I'll get the hang of this computer lark one day....

Starter Motors. A more powerful and yet smaller unit for your Caterham.

EXTRA-POWER Caterham design Pre-engage Starter Motors are suitable for Cross-Flow, Zetec Ford & Early 'K' series Rover Road or Racing Engines replacing the Ford/Lucas/Magnetti Marelli & Nippon starters. Although slightly smaller (and therefore allowing more clearance from exhaust manifold) they are up-rated by adapting units used on 2.3 litre & V6 engines with internals at 0.9Kw specification giving an equivalent extra 1200cc rating over the standard unit. Copper electric windings (NOT aluminium) will give greatly reduced voltage drop-off with the added bonus of using less battery power. They have strengthened rear bush assembly, all fixings are (vibration resistant) using (generator) resins on assembly for longevity and come in the standard 3 bolt format with 10 tooth bendix.*

*These are not race tested unlike the Classic Inertia Starter but are built to the same standard that have been successfully used with Historic Brabham/Lotus/Merlyn F2 FF Single-seater racers for the last 5 years.

£125 Plus £8.50 P&P enquiries Dick Dixon on 01920 871153 or e-mail: herts.lotus@virgin.net or find it on website: http://freespace.virgin.net/herts.lotus

Inertia type Specification

HIGH-POWER Inertia Starter Motors are suitable for Cross-Flow, Pre-Cross Flow and Twin-Cam Ford Road or Racing Engines using the original classic type of 4 1/2 inch starter. They are up-rated to 2 ltr specification for tuned engines with copper electric windings giving nearly twice the power of the old type unit with greatly reduced voltage drop-off and still within their classic dimensions with the added bonus of using 1/3 less battery power. They have strengthened rear bush assembly, uprated anti-rattle pinion return spring, all fixings are (vibration resistant) using (generator) resins on assembly and come in 2 or 3 bolt format with either 9 (twin cam) or 10 tooth bendix. £125 inc P&P enquiries Dick Dixon on 01920 871153 or e-mail: herts.lotus@virgin.net or find it on website: http://freespace.virgin.net/herts.lotus

Or, this is a line ad I've asked Tony P to insert if the above is too long..

Starter Motors. EXTRA-POWER (To 2.3 litre spec) Caterham type Pre-engage Starter Motors but smaller and more powerful, built to race spec. For full decription or orders enquire Dick Dixon on 01920 871153 or e-mail: herts.lotus@virgin.net or find it on website: http://freespace.virgin.net/herts.lotus Also High power Inertia Starters in original classic size for Twin Cams & older cross & pre-Xflow engines. Ideal for Elans. Use less battery for nearly TWICE the power. Race tested for 5 years.

Dikko

I think you will find that your thread from last week was removed as it is commercial advertising, can you please close this thread.

As I'm sure you are aware we do not allow commercial advertising on Blatchat only within LF, were your ad already appears. If you wish to amend the ad in LF can I suggest you contact Tony Pashley as you did to place the original ad.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 25 Jul 2005 12:48:37