Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Accumate or Optimate - which do you have?

shn7

Looking here I'm not sure whether the Accumate or the Optimate is most suited to a Seven's battery as the Optimate says it's only suitable for batteries up to 28Ah. IIRC the std banner battery is 35Ah.

For long term use which is the better to go for?

Steve.

Edited by - Steve Newman on 20 Jul 2005 06:55:46

Steve. I can't make a direct comparison between the two as I've got the Optimate. It had no problem keeping my Banner fully charged & I'm now using it on a Hawker odyssy & it seems to be well up to the job. I keep the charger connected via a quick connect in the cockpit for extended periods & it's never let me down. Could'nt ask for more really. 😬

• Leadership Team

I've used an Optimate for around 10 years (bought it intially for a bike) and it's a great piece of kit. If your keeping a tally, my father has two of them, one for eachh of his bikes. He's been very pleased with them, I think greatly because of the ease of use - basically just plug in *thumbup*

I can't comment on the Accumate though having no experience.

Stu.

• Support Team

I recently bought the Optimate but I have only got a 14Ah battery (RedTop 15). If I still had the Banner I would probably have bought the Accumate.

Edited to say - the other reason I bought the Optimate is that Demon Tweeks stock it and I was ordering a new battery at the same time.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 20 Jul 2005 08:59:53

The Draper one at £20. It does the same job. There have been countless threads on this so I won't rake over the ashes but suffice it to say that Chris W has posted an explanation of why the Draper one is every bit as good at keeping your battery alive. *smile*

If you want to spend more money than necessary though, be my guest. *wink*

Sorry but I can't agree having had a banner die after using the Draper Battery Master. That's what I'm looking to replace.

Hi Steve -

What problem did you have with the Draper one? I've used them for a few years now, no problem at all. The instructions say not to leave them charging a motorcycle battery for more than 12 hours at a time and I top the cells up occassionally.

Personally, I can't justify the expense when I've had not trouble with the Draper one - just charge it for a few hours at a time....

Den

http://www.dens7.co.uk

• Leadership Team

I just plug the Optimate in and leave it on for as long as I need - can be a couple of months over the winter. This obviously differs to the Draper version.

Stu.