Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Lotus 7 Series 3 restoration project

Mike C

Selling on behalf of a friend with no PC access

Having had a box of bits and paperwork for 3 years and intending to restore the car, time is just not available and he wants to move the project on.

This is a late Series 3 Lotus 7, registered 5.01.70. It was originally green/Ali, sold by Caterham Car Sales and fitted with a 1600 x flow.

The project includes the V55 registration document, front and rear wings, nose cone, hubs, a frame, half shafts etc and a few suspension bits and that's it!. The bits are useable, if a little scruffy.

£1600

Mike

07770 968 944

Sooo - it's basically a bit of paperwork and a few spare parts

you mean an out of date, no longer legal tender bit of paperwork don't you...? 😬

I wonder if Richard Umoogoo is aware of the business opportunity here? 😳

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

Mike, sorry, that was a bit sharp wasn't it? No offence intended.

I assume by your reply you mean your friend has the correct current registration document V5c, although I have to say that without any major components with an identifying number on them ie chassis or engine, any prospective purchaser may have fun & games with the DVLA when it comes to registration time.

Good luck with the sale.

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

Martin,

Yes, he has the current V5 c Document with the correct numbers. He also has a letter from Buckingham County Council confirming the original entry into their road tax records which shows the original registration number and engine number. He actually has a stamped copy of the original ledger. So it all ties together.

Mike