Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Shift light setting (rpm)

Ozzy

1600 supersport with standard rover ECU. Could a rover dealer alter the point at which this activates?? Or is it back to CC. I believe that they used to send these back to Rover, when the supersport conversion was carried out. I assume it's just a setting in the program. Since I've had the verniers & larger throttle body, there's absolutely no gain in thrashing the car to 7400rpm as peak power is lower down the range, so I'd like to lower the shift light setting to maybe 6800/7000 max.

Any ideas who could do this without sending it away?

Cheers,

Oz.

Still Shaking.

6 speed 1600k Supersport

(keep forgetting to tell people what it is!)

ozzy

I've rotated my tacho' so that the needle is vertically down at 7200. This is a good indication of shift light-ness and is better than having the needle disappear behind the wheel just when you need it most. very quick to scan as well. OK so the words are on the skew whiff but hell 😳

Oh and another thing; Ive transposed the shiftlight and Main Beam Warning so that the 'beam light is partially hidden by the wheel, and the shiftlight isn't.

Edited by - susser on 19 Jul 2005 09:54:20

might be cheaper/easier to get a prgrammable shift light(s) then you can set at exactlty the point you want

i have had the omex one for 4 years with no problems, but there are many others to choose from, ranging from 50 quid to 300...

a quick search of the achives should help *thumbup*

rob *smile*

I dont think a Rover dealer would be able to programme the MEMS ecu as you describe - I understand the shiftlight is actually using a power output for what was originally the air con pump on a Rover 200 . Caterham may be able to help though *smile*

If I were you I would consider an additional shift light such as the Wbcon seqential that you can set yourself . You could then use the redundent original single siftlight as a low oil pressure warning lamp ?

Ok. Thanks for that. Now where do I look for these things? I don't want to spend a fortune on all singing etc. Just something simple and easy to fit will be fine.

Cheers,

Oz.

Still Shaking.

6 speed 1600k Supersport

• 2 weeks later...

I've fitted the Webcon Alpha as Manxseven suggested, and it works fine. However, in bright daylight it's not as clear as the original single shiftlight. I've sited it slightly to the left of the steering wheel on top of the dash, to the right of the tonnau popper. Anyone else using this unit, and perhaps noticed the same problem?

Oz.

Still Shaking.

6 speed 1600k Supersport