Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jill Judd Half hood fitting

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Just received my new half hood from Jill Judd (Soft Bits for Sevens) and it looks great. Before I try and fit it can anyone who's already got one give me any tips?

I think I understand how the side strap connects - have to popper it on where the hood/tonneau normally fits but not entirely sure how the main straps attach. There is a solid bar attached to the strap and I'm guessing that you drop that through the rollbar mount (sort of U-shaped) and that when pulled tight the bar wedges in place - does that sound correct?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Sorry, I can't help with fitting, but I met Jill on Sunday (she's modifying my Tonneau/boot cover) and the half-hood things looked good. The vented version made with UV blocking material but allows air to flow through looks even better. Great for touring *thumbup* I could of done with one on Sunday as Blatting to her's I got sun burnt while driving 😳

Road legal 2.0 VX race car 😬

• Area Representative

Shaun,

Unclip the solid piece from the webbing. Push the loop through the small gap where the rear strut of the FIA bar meets the chassis (I have used a small flat screwdriver to help push the loop through) and then re-attach the solid piece again on to the popper. When you tension the hood up, the solid plate prevents the loop coming back through the gap.

For the straps that fit onto the side of the bootcover, at speed these might pull the corner of the cover up, in which case I clipped them straight onto the bodywork poppers and left the leading edge of the boot cover slightly loose.

HTH

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• Support Team

Nigel - some pictures on the website linked from my original post and if you search the last couple of months of ChitChat for "hood" then you will find some more links to other photos.

Puremalt - the webbing straps that hold the back of the hood down have a metal bar (about 3 inches by 1/2 inch and wrapped in vinyl) attached to them - I wasn't sure exactly how they worked but Nick's description makes sense.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Not all of them have the metal bar. Mine secures back on itself having looped all the way round the roll bar attachment point - the gap was too small to get more than a single thickness of webbing through so the strap was "redesigned" .