Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Radtec BB

Myles

• Support Team

Myles - give them a call, tell them you are a L7OC member and you'll probably get the bulk buy price anyway. When I bought mine it was just over £200 including VAT and postage.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

The Pace Rad is more expensive than buying it from Caterham direct. I know because I sepnt a lot of time researching this.

The Guys at Radtec are very helpful, and Service and Equipment is 1st calss.

BTW, I'm not linked to them, just a very happy customer!

Right the BB is on - basically it will be a minimum order of 5 units @ £160 + VAT + shipping (£15) + something (my preference is voluntary) contribution to NTL.

I'll be having one, so I need just four more confirmed orders.

I'll start a new thread after consultation with the Overlords.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Real names and contact details to start with -

RadtecBB@alcester-racing-sevens.com

Because Radtec have agreed to a teeny 5-unit batch, I plan to get the first lot confirmed ASAP (assuming we can find another 3 punters). I'll (provisonally) be happy to keep running 5-unit additions as long as Radtec are.

They are batch-built to order - leadtime *approximately* 10 (working) days.

I have the offer of a 'cheap' standard Caterham Ally rad but am now wondering about this Radtec BB.

I'm running a standard 1.6K SS.

Is the Radtec rad single or triple pass?

Will I have problems with overcooling or insufficient cooling when in traffic with the Radtec?

Is the Radtec at £188 a 'better' upgrade than a standard ali CC one at £125?

Bozz *confused*

Yesterday I couldn't even spell the word 'engineer'....now I IS one!!!

Bozz -

The only reason I'm changing is because *my* CC ali road rad is leaking - it was sufficient (with a suitably-low stat) for 180bhp - and it came with my 115bhp 1.6k - so (in a roundabout argument) - the Radtec shouldn't cause you any overcooling problems and should have more than enough capacity for the future.

Obvious advantages include looking a lot meaner (!) - but more practically, you have more flexibility regarding the choice of fans.

I upgraded my std. fan from the 9" SPAL to a 10" Pacet - and the only way I could do this with the std. rad was to fabricate a skirt/duct - this was due to the annoying lips at the top and bottom of the standard rad. The Radtec (AFAIK) is basically a clean rectangular box - so you had more freedom with fan sizes and placement.

I believe it is a single-pass rad - same as the CC road ali rad. I don't think anyone has any quantative evidence, but I was given to understand that the Radtec is more efficient than the CC version.

Antony - thanks for the original BBs - Paul @ Radtec originally wanted £180++ for a run of 5 but relented and dropped it back to the £160++ *thumbup*

FWIW this is the second (highly recommended) company that has honoured a previous BB price that I have used (the other being Powervamp who can supply Odyssey drycell batteries at excellent prices).

AAAARGGGHHH, WHY NOW-I fitted a Radtec a couple of months ago *mad* *mad*

Seriously, they are very well made are a direct bolt on replacement for the Caterham Triple pass (My TP rad started leaking after 14 months) and will take an 11" fan with very little fettling. I believe that it is double pass which means that you will get a better flow (less resistance) at lower speeds - better flow = better temp differential = better heat rejection hence a strong arguement that they are better suited to a Road / track car than the 3 pass Caterham rad. It certainly balanced my cooling set up.

Paul M

PS I don't get a % from Radtec, i just think that good kit should be supported.

I can confirm that Radtec are very helpful, and made me a new one when they found a minor split many months after I had fitted the unit.

I live 10 minutes away from Radtec (and as it happens 5 mins away from Banner UK HQ) so if anyone wants their radiator collecting during the day and wants to call and collect from me in evening I could organise this.

Regards,

Colin.