Click here if you are having website access problems ×

To long between sprints

david nelson

Don't forget North Weald in the South East as well.

However, as has been said, I'm not convinced adding a load more events is a great idea if it has a knock on effect on the championship. For those with a young family or those on a tight budget the more rounds you have to do to qualify the harder competing becomes.

From my point of view 5 or 6 events to qualify is ideal as I have an 18 month old daughter and another due in October, so trying to get in 8 events + next year would be unfair on Sally. I know of a number of other competitors who have voiced a similar view when we went from 5 to 7 minimum.

For this year I think that BB has done an excellent job in getting us in to new circuits and increasing the profile of the championship, but if we do add more events next year I don't think we should increase the number of qualifying rounds as well.

Steve

I suspect that was a result of wanting to get in certain venues (harewood for example)

and if you include the curbugger 2 double header it is 5 events in 23 days *eek*

I guess it all comes down to where we see the champioship going int he next 1-2-3 years and what the aims of the championship are....

I think that what we all enyoy id the competitive nature, friendly atmosphere and generally good natured banter, and as long as this remains then I think that we have a good formula for success...

Rob *smile*

Mark

This Wednesday or next?, certainly free this week. Next week might be a bit harder 😬 😬.

If you want a 'child free' chat we can go round the corner and have some food at the new place thats opening in the village 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Guys,

Please see S1.7 of the Championship Regulations - an end of season Awards Presentation is referenced there. Date/location is I believe TBD at present. Due to the fact its held at the end of the season it will be October/November....

Brian

Still very busy - last email occupied my lunch break!