Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Custom Samco hoses?

V7 SLR

I need a Samco hose to go from the heater to the water pump. Is there such a beastie available?

I see Demon Thieves sell a Caterham set of Samco hoses, 7 in total. Anyone know which ones they are?

This isn't to fit to a heater. It's to plumb in my laminova oil/water heat exchanger which is sited where a heater normally is.

Oh yes it did ! But doesn't now sad.gif The 7 hose set is what I got with the car.

You get :

1. Top hose

2. Bottom hose

3. submarine to waterpump hose

4. submarine to header tank hose

5. (short 14 inch) engine block (?) to heater hose, which you have to join to a bit of standard hose to reach the heater.

Can't think of any others, maybe there were only 5, the new kits (same price) only have 3 hoses ISTR. Ask RobMar.

For what you want Nig, you'll need a 90 degree bend on one end of the hose, at the engine end, don't know what you'll need for the Laminova. Send me some piccies offline.

Nig, look at http://willfly.wainsworld.net/Images/oil_cooler_fitted.jpg for a picture of the installation. the link on the website is broken at the moment, although I fixed it last night sad.gif

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying smile.gif

Edited by - will fly on 16 Nov 2001 09:05:31

Nigel

You can purchase silicone hose lengths as Peter says in any length and bore. I shopped around a while back and obtained excellent service and at very reasonable prices from a firm in Doncaster called HosesDirect, if I recall.

Try a search as I reccommended them at the time altho' I don't have their details to hand in the office.

Good quality product, and far cheaper than Samco, who only deal thro' factors who add on a hefty mark up.

If you can't find my earlier post, I will try to locate the details at home over w/end.

Andrew

Hose Direct Ltd.

Suppliers of Automotive,Marine,Hydraulic and Industrial Hose and Fittings.

Visit our website WWW.hosedirectltd.co.uk

4E Plumtree Farm Industrial Estate,Plumtree Road,Hareorth,Doncaster DN11 8EW.

Tel 01302 711020 Fax 01302 719235

Ask for Paul the owner does a bit of discount about 17.5% talk to him for details

Paul no conection,above fron his letter head

Saved me a task tonight, thanks!!!

I've got no connection with Dave either, but was well pleased with his service, in case you hadn't guessed.

He sent a hose of the wrong diameter, in error, and simply sent the correct item the next day......no need to return the wrong item. Nice way of doing business.............

Andrew

Thanks. What I'm after is a piece of 5/8ths bore, 26 inches long with a 90 degree bend at each end (in the same plane), each end to extend about 2 inches (not critical). I'd prefer to have one pipe rather than buy 3 different sections. Is this possible do you think?

I'll give the people mentioned a ring.