Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cockpit car cover

AlShack

I'm sure I saw one of these made for an Elise (I think it was in the Lotus Owners Club magazine) that just covers the windscreen, side screens & over to the back rollbar. I could do with something like that for my Seven so I can leave the car at work during the day and not have to put the whole standard roof or tonneau on.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I making it up?!?!?

Cheers

Al

Can't say I've got a clue what you're on about smile.gif But try Jill Judd on 01798 813389. Jill used to advertise in Low Flying as Cover Up (I think). Basically she will make bespoke covers, tonneaus etc. At present Jill is making me a pair of half-doors for £65. So all right they don't have the extra bulbous bit for the elbows, but that's a lot cheaper than Caterhsam charge for half-doors!

Chris Alston

Se7ening - it's all miles and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud teeth.gif ...well it only sounds fast officer blush.gif

Tonneaus aren't that hard to fit on, and a 'shower cap' type top may sag in the middle on a caterham. You'd meed to bungie down the back and how would you hold the front in place unless you had a strap under the cap. After you'd done all that you could have got the tonneau on. Can't see much of a market for it myself.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying smile.gif

Brian Woods (the man who makes them) has said that the existing ShowerCap, as it's known, will only fit an Elise.

He would need around 80 orders to make it worth his while, so if anyone wants one, drop me a mail (alan@visualdev.net) and I'll let you know if we get enough enquiries.

Cheers

Al