Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon rear wing protectors

Pierre Gillet

Hi Pierre,

My CF wing protectors fro Caterham are definitely pre-drilled and although I have not yet fitted them, I have held them over the existing Stainless ones, and the holes appear to line up exactly with the existing rivets. I will be fitting them in the next week or so and will let you know how it goes.

Mike

The piping serves two purposes. That of finishing off the edges so that stones and debris don`t get down between the protector and the painted wing also the piping holds the protector about 2mm clear of the wing and will allow the protector to absorb most of the impact before a projectile can damage the wing underneath. I have had stones put an large dinge in my ss protectors without the wing suffering any damage.

I just spent all day fitting these cf wrap round wing protectors, these ones did'nt come pre-drilled but I think were worth the extra effort. They have covered all my paint chips and actually extend about another 2 inces up the wing aswell as around the edges. I also used the piping which finished the edges off nicely.

I can email a very poor quality picture (free digital camera!) of the finished product if anyone is interested.

Hi Pierre

I am in Marseille with my 7

It is a cycle wing (former 1991 race car)

There is no protection on my rear wings, but I can understand

that you like the look of them.

My cycle wings are sealed by silon paste for 3 year now and I never lost them.

So there is no hole in them.

Why you don't try with protectors

I have a site which could be intersting www.bonzai.fr

Regards

Eric

Thanks Eric.It is too bad you are located so far away from Paris. To the best of my knowledge you are with Robert Osello the two sole French members on the Blatchat.

Mine is a 1.6K 40th Anniversary bought 4 years ago to the importer Patrice Dumas. I just made the cycle wing conversion using Rilsan tie wraps. I know your site. Very nicely done.

Hope you will attend the Coupes de L'Age d'Or in Monthléry next year in June.

Cheers,

Pierre