Click here if you are having website access problems ×

popper help please

flaps7

Having broken my windscreen I have a new one arriving (as it is heated it comes with surround) and I need to sort out the 'poppers' that attempt to hold the hood on (.......long pause to allow for howls of derision, but having been caught in the downpour last week and having to drive in my own in-car swimming pool I have decided that there are occassions when a hood is not a bad idea). How do you do it? I just know I will need a special tool but can someone enlighten me further. I am going to need a guiding hand I'm sure.

Flaps

mmmm

A question on poppers from a guy called Flaps....

Who finishes off by saying "I am going to need a guiding hand I'm sure"

*eek* *eek* 😳 😳 😬 😬

Edited to say thats not much help is it!!

Edited by - Tony L on 7 Jul 2005 22:21:06

Flaps,

I'm not clear what you expect tohave to do. Fit new popper bases to the windscreen surround? Replace the poppers on the hood? Or something else? Can you clarify then we might be better able to help unlike Tony L *tongue*.

Steve.

Edited by - Steve Newman on 7 Jul 2005 22:26:36

Sorry for insufficient info and as I'm married with children unhelpfull advise (and often physicaly impossible advise) is an every day occurence for me.

I have hood with poppers, new screen on the way and thought that screen surround would not have pooper bits on it.

Have I been worrying for nothing? Do screen surrounds come with the popper bits already there? If so yipee.

Flaps (flapping a little less than before)