Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

XFlow head and Inlet gasket source ?

susser

XFlow Pete had a really lucky escape the other day when his 1600 ingested one of the K&N backplate nuts. It forged itself onto the crown of No4 right over the gudgeon pin and right beside the Ex valve. Dug the nut off, cleaned it all up, rebuilt with the (not very) old gasket and blatted to Carrotland OK.

Now, we gotta do a proper job on it. It's been ported pretty well, so do we need a special inlet man gasket?. Wot about silicone inlet man instant gasket ? What's a good head gasket ?. Is the Halfrauds one OK ? Is this too many questions ?

Hopefully they stock them all year round (read the coolant thread *eek*)

Intend to measure swept vol, valve lift & dia, duration and compression to get some idea of what the engine is about. More of that once we've had the spanners on it.

Hope I haven't run on and gone and masked the question there.

Thass great guys, that is. I just said to Xflow pete, I said, " I'll check the Comp Pressures to see if that'll help people to decide what gasket we need."

I spose we ought to pull the head to make sure we get the right one then ?

Pete's only just got it see, an we don't know a hell of a lot about it. The ports have had a bit of a good seeing to by the looks of it. Seems pokey enough measured against my 1600K Supersport.

I'm beginning to lose the plot hare as the Boddingtons comes on the cam. 😬 😬