Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Help to fit my gearbox - OT?

djmhall

Appologies if this is OT, but not sure where to post it.

Work has reached such a level that I cannot spare any time to work on my car, but at least I can enjoy it on my very rural drive to and from the office.

What is driving me crazy is that I have sitting on the floor of the garage a 6 speed gearbox just waiting to go into my 1400 supersport which has been running with the original 5 speed throughout the time I have had the car.

Is there anyone near me in Wiltshire / Hampshire / Dorset who has the experience and time or inclination to take the job on for a suitable sum?

Any suggestions very welcome as the summer is marching on and I really want to get some use out of it before the MOT and Tax run out (end Aug). I have planned to strip the car down and send it to Arch over the coming winter although at current spare time levels that will take me at least a decade!

• 2 weeks later...

I would certainly be open to selling the 5 speed.

The 6 speed should be fitted in a couple of weeks and assuming all goes well it would be available soon afterwards for collection / payment location Broadchalke

As far as realsitic price is concerned, I would guess £100.

Dominic

Happy with the price and wish to purchase your 5 speed. Does it by any chance include the gear stick or bellhousing spacer.

Can you drop me an email when its ready for collection and I will arrive cash in hand kelvin@hellings42.freeserve.co.uk

Kelvin