Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speedo replacement

julians

My speedo has broken again , its the mechanical type driven from the gearbox, so rather than get a new angle drive unit, I'm planning to replace it altogether with an electronic one, and whilst I'm at it I'm going to replace the rev counter because that jumps all over the place when the rev limiter cuts in ( I think the damping is knackered), I quite fancied the stack ST200 rev counter (in white), but stack do not appear to do a matching speedo.

I dont want two non matching guages, so does anyone have any reccomendations for a (decent) matching pair of rev counter and speedo.

I did initially quite fancy the Stack 8130 combined unit, but that would mean having to get a whole new dash from caterham and the unit itself is a bit pricey, so I've shelved that idea.

I am fitting a VDO replacement speedo working from a magnetic pickup from the prop-shaft. It is quite easy to get 100mm dia display units but an 80mm direct replaement is a bit more restricted and they are not cheap. Merlin Motorsports can supply the bits. Mine is as yet untested as other work is going on