Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So what would you buy.....

Steve Robinson

Steve

As its 80-90% complete I think car is the right phrase 😬 😬 😬 😬

Demob happy, so its BEC's in 2 & 3 next year Mark.

I carry my own 50kg of ballast, does that count 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Danny - I am sure BB still has the power to dock your 10 points for comments like that, and ask for his trophies back 😬

or make you run in class 6 *smile*

Steve - although out of your budget tat 1400 ex ring hyabusa looked nice *thumbup*

Lotus Twin cam is what you need for class 3 *thumbup* or maybe a 2.2 BDA with a twink head grafted on ........ now I wonder who is building one of those *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

a nice 210 bhp and some ACB A24's will reset the times 😬

just as Tony "Twincam" did at Curbuggar 2 years ago *wink*

I was referring to him having to have much lead 'success' ballast due to his stunning driving and subtle good looks, charm and humour 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

153bhp and 184lb/ft ??????????????????? My arse *tongue*

Dave - you may be right - but anybody can win the class with 210 BHP, where's the challenge in that? In my opinion anything making over 170 BHP should be class 5.

Rob - saw the hyabusa, nice spec but looks tatty in the pics I'd say.

Race car still looking favourite then.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW:

Roadsport B and Graduates Supergrads are broadly the same spec, then Megagrads and Roadsport A are again braodly the same, Roadsport Inters don't really map onto the Grads classes.

Roadsports A is supersport 1.6, long primaries exhaust (no cat), 6 speeder, LSD, widetrack, no screen, no lights, dry sumped, race rad (no thermostat), CR500's - ie pretty close to the competitive spec that's being discussed here. Might also have a stack dash and data logging, maybe a brake bias adjuster.

Unlike the traditional F1 mid-season 'whos-driving-what-next-year' hiatus, once the season is over there's a 'what-classes-are-cc-going-to-offer' hiatus, gossip usually centering on 'they'll cancel roadsport A and make it into an R300 series, to get closer to the road cars'. Given that, and the end of season anyway, a good time to buy a roadsports A car is after Brands Hatch in october.....

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)