Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blinking lights.....

Miraz

...specifically indicator lights.

I seem to have working hazard lights, but non-functional indicators - flicking the switch to either side has no effect - not even a half-hearted clicking from the relays.

I'm suspecting (hoping) that one (or more) of the relays is duff and needs to be swapped. Does anyone have any suggestions to the contrary?

Miraz

(1 week to SVA)

I couldn't find a seperate fuse for the hazards, but I'll have another ferret under the dashboard this evening.

The hazard switch might be a possibility too....

I've also just worked out that I've got to take the FIA bar off for the umpteenth time in order to fit the boot cover, and as I persisted in using the little bolts above the dampers they will have to come out too....looks like I'm going to spend a few evenings in the garage this week.

Miraz

The hazard switch is a VERY common cause of this complaint because it interrupts the indicator light feed when switched on and therefore can leave them interrupted should the switch not reset fully. Replace the switch - it is only a few pounds! I've got through 2 in 6 years - so MTTF seems to be 3 years!

Cheers,

Graham

I had a similar problem.

No indicators at all and the hazards only worked if you held you're finger on the switch.

Checked all the fuses and the relays...still no Indicators but I could now get either side flashing rapidly by varying the pressure on the Hazards!

Anyway, after 'inspecting' the wiring behind the dash with my sausage fingers everything now works perfectly!

J.

Had this several times after the car's been left for a while. Always been corroded contacts on the indicator switch esp the central - common rail.

Pull off contacts, remove switch, rub with emery paper, replace.

To be honest I find out about 4 miles down the road when I come to the first turn so I just continue driving while wiggling the contacts till it starts working again.

I took the hazard light switch apart and discovered a loose connection on the back of the switch - now the indicators work, but the hazard lights have stopped working - just an annoying buzzing noise. I've probably stuffed something up, new switch is in the post....

Miraz

My hazard switch plays up sometimes, and does make the buzzing sound you describe Miraz. The indicators have only failed to work twice - once in the garage, and again at the SVA! My heart began beating again when the examiner tried the switch a few times and they worked.

Not the highest spec components that Caterham fit are they?

Matt.