Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spotted at Daytona karting, Milton Keynes

Tim Smith

That was me!

It was my first ever time karting -- was out on the two-o-clock race. Our (three man) team was doing rather well until I got my stint -- the drizzle came and I spend backwards time off track, black flagging (for being barged off by the eventual winner) and generally having a good time.

Will be back in a flash (although would prefer better behavied competition!)

My ... Preciousss!

Member #109**

I was there in the morning with some mates as part of my stag do. The drizzle held off for us and there were no major incidents. I find that the competition aren't necesarily badly behaved, just clueless when it comes to racing. My tactic is just to pressurise them into making a big mistake rather than to go for the overtake, it's usually safer that way.

The track is really good with some horribly technical corners, I want to go back soon too.

Tim

I'd be up for a return trip there - went recently with some of the SELOC guys arranged by the dealer that I got the Elise from...

Cracking track, which I got the hang of by the end! We went out for the warm-up/qualifying in numerical order - guess who was number 1, led everyone out and then caused a pile-up by spinning at the first corner 😳 I also managed to get black flagged for overtaking under a yellow - right in front of the guy waving the yellow flag - Oops! 😳

Year In The Club DVD Part 2 OUT NOW CLICK HERE TO ORDER