Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR dashboard

gusto

My 'R' reg SLR carbon dash looks like a standard layout but turns out not to be...the space between the guages is non-standard which leaves me with the problem of where to put the windscreen wiper/washer/heater switches now I'm fitting a full screen. Does anyone have any advice?

R7 SVN

Oh...I didn't realise there was a different design for aeroscreen cars....but now you mention it, I suppose it's blindingly obvious that there would have to be otherwise there would be holes where the wiper/wash etc switches go on a 'normal' car. Duh. Thanks.

R7 SVN

When I bought my SLR, I speced aeroscreen, but the dashboard came complete with all Knobs and buttons ready to fit a full heated screen and wipers. Was I lucky or is this standard question.gif

Andy Mac

teeth.gif Out of Control RED SLR teeth.gif

Mick's advice is probably tres sound. But they do look much better so if you can I would.

I think the biggest problem is that the patterns aren't perfect and so some trimming is necessary. Get a *very* sharp knife to do this (or Dremmel tool I suppose) that you don't mind being buggered after one use.

Mick - is that advice "Don't try to retrofit switches into a dash that doesn't have the standard cutouts for them" or "Don't try to replace the dash witha whole new one with the correct cutouts"?..I'm beginning to understand that both are probably a nightmare....

R7 SVN