Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loan of timing strut

MikeE

I'm entering my first competitive sprint on 10th July (SELOC) and need to either buy, borrow or make a timing strut. If anyone could loan me a timing strut for this one event I'd appreciate it.

cheers

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures here

Here's a tip.

My race car timing strut is a cut down plastic spark plug cover off a Rover EU2 eng. A couple of home made brackets, attach to the frt nose cone ....heh-presto.

Emerald Isle's 1st SV 148lbft @ 6091rpm/182bhp @ 6690rpm engineered for low revs

Thanks for the offers guys *thumbup* but it looks like I don't need a timing strut (TF are you sure that's right 🤔)

TF yes I'm putting myself in class C, do you think that's right? I see you're in C as well as Andy Walsh in the V8 Caterham, not much chance of me doing well on my maiden outing then 😳

cheers

I didn't need one in the first round, Walsh never arrived with the V8 and fingers crossed he won't this time *tongue* The first round was my maiden run at a sprint so hoping to do a bit better this time *thumbup* there was a Duratec engined westy ther last time, just make sure you beat him *cool*

A7 RDP

pics here

The Westie's there again I think (at least someone called 'Durawest' is registered on Seloc).

I'm looking forward to seeing Michael Caine (a friend of a friend) beating everyone's time in his bog-standard S2 Exige *thumbup*