Click here if you are having website access problems ×

'K' series with 'Apollo' tank.

CHRIS CLARK

• 6 months later...

Rob

You mention fitting a non return valve into the air take off from the apollo tank - I have just had one fitted and also notice the delay in oil pressure build up due to the tank draining one w/e to the next. Where can I buy one of these please and how easy is it to fit ? (I assume on one end of the braided hose ?)

PS - I decided to have mine fitted by the factory to avoid too much mucking about with oil leaks and guess what - it leaks !

Thanks

Simon

SJL,

There are two ways that I know of to fit the one-way valve.

The first is the way Chris Clark did it (see here for his parts list), which involves mounting the valve directly on the cam cover using an adapter.

The second is the way I ended up doing it, which was by getting Think Auto to make up a special braided hose. This was the same as the Caterham-supplied one, but cut about one-third the way along, and fitted with unions to take the one-way valve. I found this method much easier (although more expensive, as it required another hose) as it avoided having to enlarge the hole in the cam cover to take the necessary adapter.

For info, the parts for the hose were:

HETSSF7-4-3

E332-3

TFE3

and the valve was CVF7-4.

Talk to Matthew Potter at Think Auto (0208 568 1172). He made up mine, so he'll know exactly what you're after. If there's any doubt, refer them to Invoice 175764.

Hope this helps.

JV