my tyres are too dangerous

robmar

to my bank balance,

so what should we do 🤔

1. all ACB10 compound 24 runners should go 'slower' around turn 1 at MIRA 🤔

2. add an extra chicane half way through turn 1 to slow us all down 🤔

3. get AVON to ship in some A33 compound tyres on the friday night 🤔

4. run a safety car for every competitor 🤔

of course you other tyred competitors should be allowed to go flat out, should we still score points 🤔maybe we should line up and then once on the start line, get out and push the car ot of the way int he name of safety 😬

any other suggestions 🤔

I am just gald we are not running on the banking at MIRA 😬

we have got more time than the F1 boys to get this sorted, but of course there is much politicking in class 2&3 around regs etc so hopefuly we still have time *confused* 😬

rob 😬

Im going to do the convoy run, then drive straight onto the trailer *smile*

Maybe we can get marshalls in the control tower to catapult beer cans onto the track somewhere around the speed trap?

And before the runs we can find a really small man in glasses to run around talking to all the competitors in the paddock, anyone know any?

With these simple steps, the Lotus 7 club can easily recreate a genuine F1 experience 😬

Any Caterham donning Michelin tyres shouldnt be on the road or track anyway? 😬

So who will be the difficult one and not allow any of the changes to be allowed 🤔

Yokohama boys must be happy, they must be the one's in the red cars, they have not gone well all year and now they could get a 1,2.

Lets have a meeting on saterday and see if we can sort this out. I like the idea of a stop start box 1/2 way round the 1st corner.

David 😬

Dave, I resent that slur on Yoko runners *eek* 😬

If you look at the results of Class 2 for the Marshalls Sprint at Curboro in May you will see a certain young man on Yokos heading the list and taking a Class record ahead of others on somewhat marginally legal tyres 😬 😳 😬 *wink*

And anyway, my car is green 😬

Next year, to keep up with F1 we could have everyone running on a single make control tyre. How about Avon CR322's 🤔 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

So I'm confused as to my role now.

As a 5 ft 8 marshall (so small ish) do you want me to throw beer cans or put on glasses and walk around the paddock in a trade mark white shirt saying it's not my fault as if I have nothing to do with running the entire farce of a sport *confused*

I'm here to do your bidding

Steve

latest news

the FIA (Financial Internal Auditor e.g SWMBO) has claimed it has done all it can to make MIRA happen and has proposed several options for the specific drivers effected by the problme and it is up to them to sort it out, the rules are the rules as you all know (even if they can be changed to suit the FIA at an instants notice, and then changed back the next minute...)

the options put forward by the FIA are

1. ideal scenario (for the FIA) - stop wasting money on that stupid thing(the car), even ignoring those tyres it is far too much drain on 'team' resources which could be spent on better thinks like kitchens, hair dryers or dinners out *confused*

2. drive slower and hence save the tyres for later, has the added benefit of saving petrol too (also less chance of hitting soemthing) savingmoney all round (even if just on gaffer tape) 😬

3. get some rock hard pileups as you will never have to worry about new tyres ever again

rob *cool*

I think you are reffering to the sub-commitee of the FIA who are about to take (by default) 90% of the teams budgets for the next 20+ years, this is an across the board charge but is levvied by each teams FIA, as such rules in some cases are bent and teams can get as much as 15% of the total budget whereas other unlucky ones loose 100% 😬

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Great Posting Rob, made me laugh out loud in the office *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Rob, as you are discovering the FIA have enormous powers which cannot be contested and are therefore law. Team budgets are slashed on an annual basis, today’s kitchen, hair dryer and eating out rapidly escalate into clothing and shoes with a life expectancy of 2 weeks *eek*, swimming and piano lessons, play stations (x-box in your case) and other 'essential' items. The budget for eating out will need to doubled in order to cover the cost for a youth to make themselves comfortable in your favourite chair while tucking into a never ending supply of biscuits and drinks while maintaining a monopoly on your TV remote control in your absence.

The only practical solution is to invent a short term budget based on a forecasted spend over the next five years, this budget should then be brought forward and spent before the end of the summer. All items purchased then become 'stock' and are therefore inflation proof, they will then provide a source of consumables such as tyres and engine upgrades which cannot be contested by the FIA.

In order for this plan to work you will of course need clarification that the class rules will remain stable during the time period allowed for. 😬 😬 *tongue*

Adrian

Did I read troublemakers post correctly, it implies he's got 4 wifes or FIA's 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

I was delighted to see that the Avon runners used their tires to the full at MIRA at the weekend.

I hope that they will hold up for Loton as this will be the 1st hill climb of the year. I found the 32 SS were unable to cope with the event. Spinning at the top of the hill for no apparent reason and then having limited grip in the wet.

David