Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Battery Master Switch

Pierre Gillet

I thought that this would help with my insurance, as well as being necessary (in my opinion) for track days. My insurance company did not give any discount, even though it renders the engine / car unusable. I have found that if it is removed and the immobiliser is armed, then i have to wait about 2 mins, then re-arm and disarm the immobiliser in order to start the car, when the battery key is replaced. This seems like it may be annoying, sometimes it is, but i would rather return to find my car where i left it!!

Regards,

Martin

The BMS on Counts car gives him the added safety of an extar metre of battery cable running the full width of the scuttle., which remains live at all times, plus a switch which will cut out the exclusive 300A power cable to the starter motor when cycled. Sadly the other 99% of the car remains live whatever position the switch is in.

This is apparently an EU3 loom issue, as the starter ternminal position is apparently different on the EU3 engine?????

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Just as a quick tipster though, if you put a 5amp fuse link between the input and output of the battery master switch, ie bypass it with a low current circuit breaker, then this will stop the rover immobiliser from having to "re-boot" each time you remove the handle.

If a nasty "Tea-Leaf" tries to nick your motor, then the 5A fuse goes poof and he's stuck.

8JU

When I have used the imoboliser and then removed the BMS "key" I have not had any problems or lengthy waits.

Set the imoboiliser and the warning light flashes quickly and then settles down to the regular flashing which is a good deterrent. Remove the BMS "key" and the flashing stops but the imobiliser is still "on".

replace the BMS and the imobiliser warning light starts flashing again. De-activate the imobiliser (warning light stops flashing), insert key, start-up and drive off. No wait neccessary is my experience.

M

Martin

Red Ticker - R68TKR