Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Low insurance group tintop

I.Mupferit

Anybody looking to sell something to fit the bill?

Maybe 2000-2001, to suit student so must be cheap to run.

Clio 1.2?

Seat Ibiza?

Fiesta?

Something of that ilk so obviously 'street cred' not an issue (especially as I'm paying for it 😬)

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV

R 417.39 😬

Brent

We've just passed on a 1998 1.4 Saet Ibiza from SWMBO to our son. She drove the ibiza for 6 years without any problems -55k miles, well enginered, nice to drive, fair degree of extras (electic windows air con etc) So I can highly recommend them. Oh by the way we replaced the Ibiza with another 1 *thumbup*

Got a 1994 Fiesta Mistral to get rid of now (genuine 52k) but that may be a bit too old in the tooth for you + Ive started to replace things - alternator, water pump, fuel pump, battery etc

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Brent, a couple of years ago I got pally with a guy who worked in a motor dealership. Their PX cars were going for a song, cash sales, sold as seen. I had him lined up in case the Volvo let go (which it still won't...) If your student offspring's ego can live with a H reg Astra with 120k miles, 6 months' test and electric nothing, I'm sure you can live with spending more on insurance than the thing will cost. *wink*

BOSS, he's actually got a Y reg Fiesta at the moment (when Y came around the first time 😬) but starting this August he is doing a years industrial placement (sandwich) in between 2nd and 3rd year of his Engineering course at University which involves about an hours drive each way, every day.

Thus, I am looking for a fairly new and, therefore hopefully, reliable car for him to use in that year. So, much as I would love to only spend a few hundred instead of a few thousand, I think I may need to do the latter. But thanks anyway and see you in August. *thumbup* *wink*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV

R 417.39 😬

Look forward to it. *thumbup*

Maybe a Y reg Fiesta is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

My £325 Volvo carried me through a UK winter and then to France. 2 years on it's still going. It did cost me a battery though this winter, bloody unreliable old heap. *tongue* oh, and a bit of an exhaust. 😳

Kas a couple of years old fetch next to nowt and are good to drive, fix 'em everywhere. My Mum has one and *thumbup*.

My missus has got a Ka and I did suggest one of those to him with my tongue very firmly in my cheek.

You see, he is 6'-4", broad shouldered and on the odd occasion he gets a lift in the wifes car he has to sit with his head on one side and his ear rubbing on the roof lining. 😬

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV

R 417.39 😬