Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CIK-FIA Overalls. Are they OK for Sprints?

4ster

My first sprint coming up at MIRA and have just noticed that my overalls are labelled CIK-FIA 2001/2002 which, I believe, refers to karting. I can't work out from the Blue Book or archives whether these are are approved for sprints so would appreciate advice as to whether I have to rush out and buy new ones or not.

Panicking enough without this as well!

Section Q9 page 243 in the 2005 Blue book states:

BS6249 parts 1 index a or b (but not c)

BSEN533

pr EN533:1995 Index3

FIA std overalls

So if your Karting overalls conform to these stds, they will be fine.

old4art,

Richard is correct - overalls must meet the requirements of Q9 in the Blue book under 'for all other events' rather than the 'karting' reference to N.11 - the scrutineer will not allow your karting overalls - these are only OK for karting.

Brian

Thanks to all for your help, I suspected that something was amiss!

So it is off to GPR tomorrow for a new suit that the scrutineer will pass on Saturday and then a nervous week checking that everything else is OK.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and joining in the fun(?).

Make youreself know to the rest of us. There is plenty of fun to be had, not just by driving the cars...

This is likely to be my only sprint this year, I'm just going to enjoy it (and try and give the cars owner a run for his money 😬)

• Area Representative

old4art,

I'm also at MIRA at the weekend (class 2 - car number 12).

Which class are you running in?

Is this your first sprint? If so, It's worth finding someone to guide you through the initial stages of the day. Things (normally) happen quite quickly at MIRA, and its important to be ready to go when its your turn to go!

I'm happy to help, but someone running close to you would be best.

I really appreciate the offers of support, I am at the stage of wondering why I am putting myself through all of this!

Jonathan Grantham has been very helpful in advising on sprinting for the first time but it would be good to have someone to "follow" on the day. I am running number 46 in class 3 and will probably be visible at distance in my shiny new racing suit!

Paul

Old4art - I am in class 3 and would happily take you through what you need to do on the day, it isn't that bad but I do remember being aprehensive the first few time throught he process *thumbup*

running slightly ahead of you (number 36)

rob *thumbup*

Paul

You join at leat 3 other novices within class 3 that I am aware of. We have competed in 2/3 sprints so far & you will certainly not regret taking part. Always welcome to pop over & say hello. We of course will do all we can to settle your nerves *wink*

myself - no. 41

Dave Warren - no.42

Oliver Shaw - but he has not entered for MIRA

Gary

*thumbup* GrannY OrB TuneR *thumbup*

😳 Tweaker Of Fine Granny Orbs ! 😳

*biggrin* Superlight No: 170 *biggrin*

MAV

Didn't realise you were venturing out - see you on Saturday then *wink*

The SV brigade will be slightly swollen (in numbers that is) as Steve Marsh is bringing his over from Rutland for his first sprint.

TTFN

The word 'dog' never bit anybody...........

Paul,

I am also there on Saturday - car 20 (class 2). If you need any help you only have to ask.

There are two documents for newcomers to speed events on the Competitors Korner part of the main Lotus 7 club web site. I have not updated them for this year but they are still valid. It may be worth looking at these if you haven't spotted them already as these help with the procedures for the day also.

Brian

(Clerk of the Course sometimes!)