Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Who knows cr500 195/45 X 15 ?

eric

Hi everybody,

CR 500 is it a real good value for money ?

Can I expect 10.000 miles of kind use ?

Or better use ZV1 as recommanded by Caterham ?

Who knows ZV1 sport (softer than regular, information from Caterham)?

Many thanks for your advises

CR500 - its a bit early to say on wear rates as I don't think too many people have worn a set out yet but I suspect it won't last 10,000 miles

ZV1 is okay on road-cars but they don't really start to workwell until they are vertually worn out. I have them on my car, and while they work okay on the front axle, they are just not happy on the rear and I get lots of oversteer.

ZV1 sport, Not heard of this one or seen a picture, even. Avons website doesn't show it. It could be a long term replacement for th CR28 sport which was quite a good tyre in its day.

Personally I would have a set of Yoko AO21'rs as they can be made to last 10000 if you are gentle and they grip well when you need them to.Not sure on your size availabilty though. They can also be bought cheap from George Polley motorsport. See numerous previous threads

Edited by - Graham Perry on 9 Nov 2001 19:25:38

Mike C

I saw on the avon website that there is an 195/45 15 in CR500

Graham

Concerning the ZV1, your reply is not very encouraging.

For the yoko 021R, I am not sure there are some in 15"

Thank you very much for your answers

Many people recommend Bridgestone's SO series tyres (SO3s now I think) for the larger rims.

21Rs and 32Rs appear to be available in limited 15" sizes. Check out Polleys where the sizes are noted.

In my experience with a 200bhp K series 7, 21Rs can be made to last about 7.5k miles.

The 32Rs have more incisive turn in and possibly slightly more outright grip. Haven't tried them properly in the wet but I doubt they'll be a patch on 21Rs. Having tried both, for an all round road biased tyre the 21R is the one to have (it doesn't look as mean though!).

Bridgestones will probably last twice as long at least.

PS CR500s are too pricey for me to experiment with at present (double the cost of the Yokos near enough), though their price might be closer in 15" form to the others mentioned.

Edited by - Andy Murphy on 11 Nov 2001 11:41:01