Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scorpion Sprint

robmar

Dave; you don't need to be registered for a championship to attend, just to be a member of an eligible club - i.e. a member of a club that's in the southern, SE, London counties or Eastern regional associations of MSA (see 3.2 of the regs and then refer to the blue book to see if you're in one!) BARC has always worked for me.

For some reason L7C is a only member of the Northern Ireland region tho, so that's no good *confused*

If you join Tunbridge Wells MC (www.twmc.org.uk) (£15) then you get sent regs for a whole pile of events at Lydden, Goodwood, Silverstone & Brands Hatch. Which is good if you live in the SE! You're also then eligible for any of the SE-invited events (e.g. Longcross).

Mike

I am not sure it is 100% the exact same course in reverse from the description

Starting on the main track in front of the control tower, the first part of the course heads under the bridge and straight into the banked turn before heading along the 450 metre straight before turning 90 left and 90 right into the famous 'snake'

At the end of the snake the course turns 90 right and 90 left back onto the outer track before heading along the gently sweeping 500 metre curve. As it starts to straighten, its another 90 left 90 right into the finish with 400 metres of stopping distance.

The scorpion is the layout that someone posted a video clip of earlier in the year:

The start is by the control tower (where scrutineering was last time) and you go straight onto the oval - in the opposite direction to last time, so using the bit we didn't see - for about half a lap.

Then come down to where the spectator hairpin was, which is a chicane leading to the snake when you run in this direction.

Go through the snake (opposite direction to last time) exiting back onto the oval where the bus stop chicane was last time.

About 200 yards round there and then through an infield section that leads to a finish where the start was at the last event.

It doesn't have quite so much potential for getting airborne as the other layout, but is still very tricky!

R

😳 😳 😳

That turns the big hill in the midle of the snake into one of those Freestyle MX jumps.

I can see us having air time to un buckle jump out of the seat and do a "superman tail grab" on the roll bar and then re seat and buckle up, change gear brake turn....... ...... ...... all before landing again 😬 😬 😬

MY 51VEN

Give it some Welly

• 2 weeks later...