Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bosch distributor

Terry Field

Bill, It sounds like it. Was that a 1700 engine?

I understand that the one I want has two small 'windows ' in the side to enable the retention posts (or whatever they are called) to be changed.

How much would you want for it ?( I don't need the leads for what it's worth)

Terry

1700XF - Team Lotus with flares.

[Edited to correct spelling!]

Edited by - terryfield on 10 Jun 2005 15:02:27

Terry, I'll have to get out to the garage to have a look. Give me 30 minutes! Just back off holiday and haven't unpacked yet! YES it was off a 1700 Super sprint , BTW I have the coil as well. How close are you to mid-Esses?

Regards

Bill

Terry,

The Dizzy is as supplied by Caterham (car was factory built) and has the folowing markings;

JFU4-->

71BB42100BGA

It has ONE "window" on the side and has the vacumn unit attached (although never used) on the other.

It has electronic type breakerless rotor with the leads to connect to the ignition amplifier. Does this sound the one you need? (I'll include the Cap. Leads & Coil as they will be U/S to me without a dizzy)

How about £40 + p & p?

Regards

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for your efforts. I'm in Dartford quite a lot (someone has to go there!) so it would be easy enough to get up to Witham. At the moment I'm waiting on Aldon to see if they can do anything with my existing Dizzy, but if they can't, I will get back to you.

Thanks again

Terry

1700XF - Team Lotus with flares.