Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LANC controller - Cam Eye SPORT for Sony

CharlesElliott

CamEye SPORT LANC remote control. Basically this provides a fully automated remote for your Sony camcorder - no need to put the camera in any particular mode as this does it for you. It can start and stop recording as well as turn the camera on and off remotely. For Sony Camcorders with a toggle type power switch: HC30, HC40, IP210, IP220, IP45, IP55, PC109, PC330, PC350

A green light indicates power on and standby. A red light indicates recording in progress An alternating green/red blinking light indicates low battery and warns you when you have less than 5 minutes left on the tape. A blinking red light indicates that the camera is in PHOTO mode or in other ways not yet ready for recording.

For full info see here. Provided with 2m extension lead that means you can run the lead from the dash to a camera in the boot.

Cost is around €77 new including postage. I had one but snapped the plug and ordered a replacement because I couldn't get the spares in time. Now they are fixed and I've got two.

Yours for £40 including postage.

Charles

---

My SuperGraduates 2005 diary

My Caterham Academy 2004 build and race diary

If you've got a Sony camcorder this lanc is the bits. I've gone through 2 of the Keane/ Jessops controllers, and the cam-eye is the only one that doesn't need you to go through the touchscreen menus to set up the camera with a bullet cam. Just touch the button and off it goes.

This means that if your camcorder is in the boot, you can power it up and start recording without having to touch the camcorder - which you will need to with a wired Keane/ Jessops remote. Not good when there's a delayed start and the camcorder suspends to save the battery..

Have a BTTT on me Charles!

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)