Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

freestyle pushrod front suspension WOW

noddy

Just had the above fitted to my R400 (plus new rear shocks/springs to match), initial impressions are very good indeed. The car is so much better on the bumpy stuff and handles camber changes across roundabouts very well...... front stays planted and the rear follows.

Need to try on track and will have it's first long blat down to Lemans next week *cool*

R400 .......... I love it

Just put it on the wedding list Angus, we'll have a whip round.

Seeing as you've invited the whole of the lostus 7 club to your wedding it'll only be about a quid each 😬

How's the sump baffle.

Roy.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

I have an old toaster in the loft you can have, now get on the phone to Len adn get the suspension ordered *thumbup*

Never had you down as a Hooligan Angus *eek*

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

Noddy,

Great news, especially since it suggests that Freestyle have now resolved their supply issues. I have been waiting since January to have pushrod fitted ☹️, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel as the car is booked in for 16th July 😬. I am really looking forward to trying it out.

Also, I have been wondering what to do with the replaced parts. Should I hold on to them so that if I ever decided to sell the car then I have the option of using CC (there seems to be an issue highlighted by this forum with CC selling cars with non-approved Caterham parts). Equally someone may want an “original” Caterham? Alternatively just sell them.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Chappers

I never knew it could be this good! *biggrin*

You haven't seen the video's then Roy? Of course I prefer to call it 'car control'!

TBH Freestyle suspension for us would be a while away anyway, if we wanted it - was really just interested to see when the change was. Got to try widetrack with flares first anyway.

Big update!

here

80,000miles in 3 years plus

Oh believe me Roy, Angus is a hooligan since he got his LSD. I was marshalling at Dunsfold and I always stepped a few feet further back from the edge of the course when I saw Angus coming. Tessa was almost as bad *smile* But my biggest fright came when a certain Mr Seemingly Absent appeared in Angus' car sliding sideways straight at me at warp factor 9. *eek*

Ray

Beats me too. Ask Len Unwin or Gary and they will explain.

I asked Gary that very question and he baffled me with science before I decided he knows better than I so didn't bother asking him to clarify. 😬

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV

R 417.39 😬

No, it doesn't use an ARB at all *confused*

Maybe we need a Len Unwin 'Masterclass' session in order that we can understand the dynamics of the Freestyle system.

BTW, is Len still able to post on B/Chat 🤔

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 8 Jun 2005 12:35:56

😬 Well i am still very happy with my set up (number 2 that they supplied). Very glad I did not listen to everyone that told me to only stick to the CC bits *wink* An excellent system.

And yes Freestyle can post as they are advertisers in LF and will get a number. (That now gives me 2 *wink*) Len was off for a while but should be around soon.

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Edited by - richard in france on 8 Jun 2005 17:00:15

I can assure you that unless the damper setup makes a difference (and I don't dee how) any kind of track use which involves longer fast corners will need a front ARB.

The super wide track (albeit with outboard dampers) on my car is brill on the road, and is grip is excelant in slow tight corners on the track despite a surplus of roll. Show it any kind of fast corner and the body roll really messes things up.

I'm designing a front ARB which mounts above the steering rack with links to the outboard damper fixings as a solution. I'm only making one though.......