Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sad Sale, Cat 7 No. 007 of 7(+1), got LOT 7 S2

Morls

Having caught downgradeitis, I am about to commence my winter project of an S2 restoration/upgrade/Curbrough class winner.

Sadly this means my beloved unit must go to release space and funds, (is there a tearful emoticon?).

It has little plaques on sides and dash attesting to its status as No. 007 of the eight special Silver Jubilee sevens created in 83/84.

No. 8 was apparently green?

The cars of this edition are immortalised on the front cover and page 157 of of John Tipler's book, page 101 of Jeremy Coulter's book and page 54 of Chris Rees's book.

As new they had all the options; Grey Hood, screens, half tonn, full tonn, spare wheel cover, Grey leather seats (adjustable), chrome roll bar wishbones and ARB, stainless exhaust, Lotus badging all round and the aformentioned little plaques.

The paint was designed by James Whiting based on the design of his "Martini" style seven.

Technically it has;

Ital live axle, Spax adjustables, 1700ss with dyno sheets and full blueprint 10K ago, Dry sump, Oil cooler, 40s, K&Ns, long cockpit.

Original brass badges on the dash prove 7 club trip attendance to St. Moritz, twice, Brands and Oulton all in the early eighties.

Condition is original, not mint but very sound and usable with recent MoT.

I've loved every minute of my ownership but it's time to move downwards and backwards.

They're all cheap at the mo. so £8500ish or poss px for any resto/upgrade bits i'll need over winter.

Or a Ducati Monster S4.

Tel 01947 606069 or 07787 545928

It's pictured on page 13 of the seven gallery and mini feature in September 2000 issue of Classic and sportscar.

Mark

Yeh, I know, but i don't want to rub it in.

It's an empathy thing, I always feel sorry for the Westlife owners when Caterham folk say they have "The original and best".

And because they drive plastic cars.smile.gif

Mark

Not a steel spaceframe with bits of fibreglass bolted on, surely?

Whatever happened to the carbon/kevlar tubbed monocoque w*******d? FW400?

I've seen them tested 2 years ago but never actually seen one. In theory this would be a perfect ulta-low weight bike engined thing. Too pricey?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...