Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

more Quaife diff questions

Manuel Morollon

Thanks for previous answers.

Well, I think I'm going for it. But I still have a couple of questions:

1. They say in their website that "Servicing of the unit is simple". What servicing do I need to do?

2. I intend to do it on my own (Toulouse is too far away from UK). Do I need to set up something in the ATB diff when I´ll receive it? or is it just a bolt-on-drive-away thing?

thanks again for any help.

M&M

You dont need to adjust anything inside the differential (thats the bit right in the middle that you buy from Quaife/ZF) but the meshing of the crown wheel and pinion is crucial. This is all controlled by the amount of torque applied to the big nut on the front (which compresses a crush washer) and the setting of the two large castellated flanges around the driveshaft openings. If you dont know exactly what you are doing then dont attempt it. You will need special tools to do do these adjustments.

If you are in doubt just take the complete final drive and new LSD to any competent gearbox workshop and have them fit it. I should cost no more than £40-50 just to do the exchange or say £80 + parts if they completely strip/clean and refurbish it.

BC

Why not get quaife to fit it?

Thats what I did, and frankly, the further away you are the more important it is to make sure it's correct first time.

I live in Dubai and did not want to chance having to send it back to uk if it wasn't right.

Better to pay the carriage cost up front and not take the risk.