Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Transmission tunnel covers

julians

Over the winter I'm going to be removing all the carpet etc, at the moment I have a leather transmision tunnel cover. Once all the carpet is removed this is going to look a bit out of place , so what have all of you that dont have carpet used for the transmision tunnel cover.

I was idly thinking of removing the leather covering from the tunnel and just using it bare, but I dont know what it looks like underneath the leather covering.

I particularly like the look of arnies cover.

Julian,

Whe you remove the leather cover, sopme cars will have the tunnel comrpsie two side panels, others will have cutout sections front and rear for which covers are available.

The panels can all be got from Arch Motors, and the tunnel is a pretty easy retrofit so longa s you have a good rivett gun (You do have to partially remove the floor to replace the whole tunnel panel)

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Hi Martin,

I was hoping that you werent reading this. I dont know how you managed to keep it so shiny. I dont drive it in the rain, unless I get caught out, but I still cant keep it shiny. Its picked up a few stone chips from various circuits as well. Could do with a new nosecone and some new rear wing protectors.

I hadnt definately decided on the carpets, I'll have to see how it looks. You're not going to like it when I tell you that the windscreen will be coming off over winter as well,and the seats are to be swapped for some ones with abit more lateral support (and a bit less weight).

Cams are being changed in the next few weeks too.

You'll be pleased to hear that it still going strong, and being used the way its intended (4000 miles this year so far, about 1200 on track)

Julian