Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands Screens

catse7en

Today's lovely weather set me thinking about putting Brooklands Screens on my Se7en.

Does anybody out there have experience of the Brookland Screen/Stanchion set as sold by Demon Tweaks (and probably others too)

Is the change over fom standard screen/stanchion to broklands simple and quickly reversible (my seven has the electrically heated windscreen, does this complicate matters?

Any adevice/comments welcome

John Gathard

C7KJG

1999 7 VVC

John, A lot will depend on if the panels that cover the two hex bolt screen fixings on either side are screwed on with self tappers or pop rivetted on. These panels are the ones that wrap up under the dash at the side (about knee height!).If the latter then they will need to be carefully drilled off and modified to self tappers. If the former then its a simple job to remove them and then the screen. The heated screen wires pass thro. a rubber grommet either side on the scuttle. The connection is a pull apart bullet connector. Easy.The wipers obviously have to be removed!

It's not that long a job but not the kind where you say "Now what 'screen am I to have today then!" Good luck

John,

I have a set of almost unused Brooklands screens mounted on a stantion and unpainted scuttle, all ready to go with mirrors etc. They are taking up space in the garage so any reasonable offer will be accepted.

If you are interested, please email me on "andy.checkley@alphalan.demon.co.uk" or call me on 01732 521701 evenings between 8 and 10. I am in the Kent area.

Regards, Andy Checkley