Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Just how much does it cost to go Throttle bodies...

Jaseb

• Support Team

Lots of money and you can't afford it *tongue*. Is this an attempt to make sure you have more power than Jane if she buys an HPC 🤔

On a more serious note I guess you'll need an injection fuel tank or convert your existing one, a new ECU unless your existing one can cope - I presume you have a programmable one.

Sounds like a good plan though especially if you chuck a wilder camshaft in at the same time!

Yellow SL *cool* #32

It depends how you do it, if you go the injection tank/pump route the tank/pump + pipework etc is going to cost you the best part of £400 alone. Then you need the throttle bodies, possibly a different ECU, injectors, a new air filter, fuel pressure regulator, various fixtures and fittings.

I could see it easily costing £1500+ with new parts although equally if you pick up second hand parts and maybe fit a swirl pot instead of a new tank it could be less.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Shaun - is it really that transparent...

yes is the answer obviously 😬

Thanks Rob, I've an Omex ecu so that should cope, if I can get it down to near a grand or so I can swing it past the cars co owner (me old Dad) as he's offered to go halfers *thumbup* sound like it could be done.

How does the swirl pot fit onto the grand scheme - please remember that I are a technonumpty when answering but can probably fit all the bits when I find out how it all goes together.

Edited by - JaseB on 2 Jun 2005 09:59:28

A mapping session is usually about £400. I budgeted £3k to do mine in 2000 and it wasn't much less than that, even with a 2nd hand tank.

Fuel pump, high pressure hoses and fittings, TB's, rampipes, injectors, linkage, ECU, senders and loom, fuel rail, air filter, mapping.....

It adds up quite quickly

Edited by - Alex Wong on 2 Jun 2005 11:11:36

Ahh good point you'll need some loom changes to support the injectors and a fuel rail + mapping it does all add up very quickly!!

You can use a swirl pot instead of getting a new tank, basically you have a low pressure pump feeding the swirl pot and then a high pressure feed from there to the fuel rail.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

I did my HPC 2 years ago.

I was offered a job lot of 2nd hand Jenvey TB's, a 2nd hand loom, 2nd hand 956 ECU (through the bonnet exhaust manifold, can etc etc) , oh and the inj tank off Arnie W.

The TB's / loom / ECU were not that old and have worked faultlessly for 2 yrs+ on my car.

Hoses and unions I got from Goodridge FOC as I won vouchers by race podiums / wins.

The filter I bought new from Caterham cars and the pressure reg as new from a fellow L7C member.

It was done very reasonably and I aquired all the bits over a few months ready for the winters work.

Perhaps some folk are going direct to head or putting in bike engines and selling off? You may get lucky if you scan to for sale sections on variuous fora.

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here