Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Autocom

Petrolhead

• Support Team

Peltor and Autocom use different connectors - Peltor use a large jack plug while Autocom use a multipin DIN plug (5 or 7 pins - can't remember which).

Why would you want to use Peltor headsets with an Autocom? If you already have the Peltor headsets but want Autocom features then there is a Peltor intercom with music/phone inputs available. If you already have an Autocom intercom then just get the Autocom headsets. Autocom actually use light weight Peltor ear defenders as the basis of their headsets and will be able to fit their electronics in any ear defender you like - i.e. they could fit to the same (heavier) ear defender that Peltor use for their headsets.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I want to use my Peltor headsets as that would save £200 and they are more comfy than the Autocome. Yes the plugs are different but thats not a problem. If I can't use the Peltor due to electrical differences then I will buy the open face and some peltor shooting ear defenders.

I want to be able to connect phone, music and poss PMR all at the same time. The peltor setup is more geared to rally work and can only accomodate a radio or phone. Mine is the FMT100

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

I am after low level tyre rack and jerry can box for Mino

The idea is that I can us the head set in diffrent cars. I have an autcom but many others have peltor. The idea is to make a leed that will convert the 7 pin autocom socket into peltor socket. i have the wiring diagrams but just need to give it a go. Not sure it will work though.

David