Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cleaning K&Ns

STEVE GILBERT

My local Halfords recently started stocking the proper cleaning agent and oil when it went over to the Orange look.

The instructions on the bottles are pretty clear, basically spray on the cleaner and leave to do its thing and then rinse off - make sure you only rinse from the inside so you don't drive the dirt further in. Mine took a couple of goes to get the leading edges clean. Leave to dry - airing cupborad is good place - and then apply fresh oil. Be careful not to apply too much as I did and I have it spraying over the front and rear wings for weeks afterwards - oh and dripping on the drive after a nice run smile.gif

Pretty straight forward really, and you'll be amazed at the dirt that comes off.

Phil Waters

1600 X/flow - soon to be 2000 Zetec wink.gif

Hi Steve,

Glad to be of service, I hope your local stocks it. I'm in the Reading/Bracknell area. Zetec should arrive in around 4 weeks I think, waiting to hear. X/flow came out yesterday so my car looks very sorry for itself, but is fantastially light!

Phil Waters

Thanks Nigel, be careful or you might get ropped into all sorts of oily jobs smile.gif. Chris at Raceline thinks the engine might even be in late this week - which is a bit scary - I was expecting it early December!!!

I wouldn't mind a look over your car if you don't mind. It is very helpful to look at how different people have fitted various bits & peices and found solutions.

Phil Waters