Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Vauxhall exhaust

Nick Speed

Mike

Thanks, I'll make a note of your number and give you a call, pro'bly after christmas, if that's OK........

Alex

Ta. I had a look at the QED site, and I had already decided that if I was going to upgrade, I'd buy new followers.

There now begins the search for information about who to talk to re components. The list will probably start with Arnie, heading for Alex, via Mike....wink.gif

Thanks fellas, you'll be hearing from me thumbsup.gif

Cool ! That´ll save me another 2 kilo thenthumbsup.gif! Honestly, it does look and feel quite rigid, the carbon-sleeve is very thick but time will tell....

I´ll never forget Richard I slaughtering a couple of carbon-cans on the R500 on only one day at Spa. Obviously they couldn´t stand the heat and backfire....

Marius

P.S.: Did I already thank you lot for all the helpfull adivces during the last few month, especially Arnie ?? If not so that´s what I want to do hereby, THANK UUUUUUUUU !!

SBD do warn that their carbon cans do not like cars which are prone to backfiring. If you have a car that is set up to spit flames out the exhaust cool.gif, I think they sell a stainless liner that you place under the carbon to keep it safe.

See, I am not alone Mummy Bear......

Despite what is written on their website be aware that QED cannot be expected to give accurate advice as in the words of their liability insurers "...knowing the specification of your clients engine is entirely different to knowing the nature of its use by your client"

As you may have guessed, their defence is very weak!

Snippets of my litigation against QED will become more regular the longer they take to pay up!

The SBD cans which failed, one of which was supplied to Terry Secker the day before the drove to Le Mans this year,(and exploded before he got there) was quite sqidgy in its construction.

The cans I used to make were very rigid. Needless to say, my car which produces 4 foot flames when it backfires (like at night I keep thinking I've been Gatso'ed), has the same carbon silencer cover on it as was fitted in 1996.

Before you ask, I have one spare - for MY car!!

Doies having a stainless steel liner not defeat the object of a carbon can anyway??

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

I've ordered the one with the thin stainless liner. Yes it adds a little weight but I was happy to accept this in return for greater longevity/rigidity. I was also interested in Steve's comment that the carbon outer sleeve remains alot cooler. As one of my kids accidentally burnt their leg on my current system it was another small advantage for me.

... and YES, sir, I DO fit carbon-parts just for optics !! Even my pedal-box will soon be covered with carbon. The guy who does that thing is even more weird than Arnie, He drills carbon-sheets to save weight and uses the rests for producing WASHERS !!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a social life before I met you lot.

Marius

Arnie,

Come on mate, are you telling me that when you co-ordinated the look of K2RUM you were not interested in cosmetics?

I think K2RUM is one of the best looking motors about, aswell as properly thought out, but I know other 7 owners who think the use of coloured bolts and fixings under the bonnet is really maxpower!

I don't think my decision to try to keep chrome off the car is all that sad.smile.gif

Into cosmetics??? moi??? You must have me confused with Chris Clark the Canterbury Crossdresser........

On a serious note, and in defence of being labelled a max power oik I have to declare that anodised alloy bolts do not rust, and when used in non-stressed applications are considerably lighter than the steel alternative.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Some people might suspect that coloured bolts are a bit hairdresser-ish surely the weight could be saved without the purple rinse effect and yet more weight could be lost by deleting the colour coded paint work and braided hoses. Come on Arnie admit it, your car's as much about cosmetics as the make up department in Selfridges.

No Arnie, my car is not dead slow. I don't EVER seem to remember you pulling away from me on the open road. My 0-60 time was poor due to lack of traction and probably won't match yours ever but hey we both know that in the real world there aint much difference whether your pride allows you to admit that or not.