Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil pressure - can I have some?

roger7

Have just discovered Blatchat and looked up previous items on oil pressure. Dismayed to discover that you all have too much of it! Always thought that 7-heads might be priapic. What about us wot have too little?

18 months ago, I bought my first 7 - a 1996 x-flow 1600 Sprint with 3,000 on the clock, including a season of Academy events. I’ve added 4,000 road miles during which the gauge has never showed more than about 3 (bar, presumably, but it could be yards for all I know ‘cos the gauge doesn’t say), dropping to 1or so at idle. Is this normal for a x-flow?? All this Blatchat about oil pressures of 5 and 6 and more, admittedly on different clockwork, is blowing my mind. The engine sounds fine, hot and cold, and there is no rattling or rumbling even on start-up after a week or so of inactivity - it doesn’t burn oil and there’s no smoke.

Won’t somebody please tell me it’s just a gauge/sender problem?

Roger,

My Supersprint 1700 x-flow has similar oil pressures to the ones you mention.

This seems to be fairly normal with the standard oil pump.

In the Tony Weale book he states that x-flows in a standard to mild state of tune are fine with the standard oil pump.

Steve

cool.gifScream...if you want to go faster!!!id=limegreen> cool.gif

hey Roger - think your question has been answered, but just so you know, you can avoid all the "@$%&87 stuff in your posts by not writing in MS Word and pasting into this - apparently! Advice courtesy of Blatchat- bloke, cos our posts did the same.

blew a head gasket today I think, so our oil pressure is slightly low aswell!

Just a little helpful tip.. if you post, then read it and realise you've made a mistake, go to the right-hand icon which looks like a magnifying glass, click on it and edit your errors. Also, if you want to re-edit your post, insted of having....

edited by at such-and-such a time

just edit that out before re-posting

spesahllay at this time of nite wink.gif