Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlights

Markm

Have recently changed the headlights on my car to the smaller ones from SVC.

Now the headlights work fine but when I try to put the full beam on the lights go back to side lights, however the full beam flash works fine with or without the lights being on.

Anybody got any clues.

Well, I assume you left the switches alone and I also assume you had to unpick the multi-way connectors at the headlamp end to get the old ones off and the new ones on...

...so AFAIK:

i) A wire has fallen off your main headlamp switch - an event unconnected with changing the lamps themselves

ii) You rewired the multi-way connectors incorrectly *and* one of your observations regarding how the system is currently working is incorrect (i.e. if the flasher fires-up mainbeam, the main switch certainly should)

iii) You didn't dance the appropriate headlamp jig when you put the new ones on - and the headlamp pixies are angry with you... *wink*

Over to you, Chris W and the pixies... *smile*

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Support Team

The dip switch has probably broken - I had exactly the same issue when I fitted new headlights during my recent rebuild. You can prove it by swapping the outer 2 connections on the dip switch - if you now have main beam and no dip then switch is broken. New one from Caterham unless you have a good car electrics place near you - Halfords don't do them, nor did any of half a dozen local motor factors ☹️.

Yellow SL *cool* #32