Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My Remap

knowley

I see...so it's more of a personal preference than one being techically better than the other. Both of them did say the things MBE can do that Emerald can't aren't really used anyway.

Edited by - knowley on 19 May 2005 16:43:33

your right about the experience of the K in particular and the support from emerald , but a nice touch is the self learning option on the EFi ecu . Input a target AFR and then using a decent wide band lambda allow the ecu to set itself up . Just leaving you the ignition map.

How are emerald now looking with the traction control , launch and other developments that have been rumbling on for years ? - i must give dave a bell sometime *smile*

With the new wideband stuff from Bill S, the MBE ECU can be setup to do adaptive mapping (same feature Dave mentioned on the EFI?). Basically you have a 3d target lambda map, and then the ecu will adjust the fuel to make the actual lambda reach target. There a re several maps within the ecu to setup rate of adjustment, and control under what conditions adaptation is allow , eg max throttle movement etc etc .... And it actually appears to work too *eek*. Now thats one feature I could imagine many Emerald users would like - although it might spoil the excuse for the RR curry trips *cool*.

Ok, I imagine that once you've had the ecu mapped properly - and the comp maps like air temp etc etc are correct - then you shouldnt need to change the fuel map again. But it would be helpful in the case of initial mapping, an exhaust or cam timing change etc etc.

Edited by - Adam on 20 May 2005 00:13:36