Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Apollo tank - breather pipe to cam cover

Dave McCulloch

The end of the hose connected to the top of the tank will be under pressure and needs to be fully nipped up whereas the other end into the cam cover is not as it's just a vent at that end so only needs to be secure. As far as I recall it's posible to fiddle with the nipping up of the cam cover end to get rid of the twist.

C7 CDW

The hose and both connectors are a solid unit. When one end is connected to the Apollo the 90 degree connector ends up facing the wrong direction, in order to connect the 90 degree connector to the cam cover thread you will need to twist the hose which results in a kink. Cant see what’s to fiddle with

Both the connections are under pressure relative to atmospheric pressure, the differences between the both being friction loss of the hose between one end and the other

The R300 NUT'errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If the conections were of the "union" type there would be no problem, the hose connections would be free to turn and line up correctly

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 15 May 2005 08:07:46

I too don't remember this problem - mine must have had a free union nut style fittings.

However, if the hose ends are made up with screwed fiting, back the clamp nut off holding the hose into the main fitting and twist the hose to suit- then re-tighten.

If it's a swaged cap holding the hose into fitting, these too can be adjusted - grip the swaged sleeve with small stilsons and twist - the swage is only holding the hose for coming off a ribbed hose tail

However, be careful the swaged section isn't part of the actual fitting as twisting it will have the desired effect of removing the hose twist but will do it by removing the hose and swage from the main fitting!

Bri

• Leadership Team

Bafty - only the tank end is under pressure because there is a valve in one of the fittings *thumbup* however I do believe both ends should be tight anyway!

Dave, they're all the same, everyone that I've seen has the loop in the hose to fit the elbows correctly. It would appear that the orientation of the fittings is approaching 90º out *thumbdown*

Stu.

There is an orifice of approx 1mm in the fitting on top of the tank. Some people have also fitted a check valve here to minimise draining back of the tank during (prolonged) non-use but this isn't standard.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Mine has a union at the tank end *confused* *confused*

It fits very nicely, with the only twist being the one I deliberately put into it to keep it below the bonnet height and thus avoid rubbing.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬