Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Power plants

Julian Thompson

I've heard figures of 85kg quoted for the final evolution called KF, that one made 480BHP, but it was a bit fragile. I think the new Duratec is about 105kg. Zetec and vx are heavier. Not sure about the K. Someone used one in a 306 4wd rally car with pretty good results. A bit weird hearing something that sounds like an F1 car in a welsh forest!

Bob

I've heard figures of 85kg quoted for the final evolution called KF, that one made 480BHP, but it was a bit fragile. I think the new Duratec is about 105kg. Zetec and vx are heavier. Not sure about the K. Someone used one in a 306 4wd rally car with pretty good results. A bit weird hearing something that sounds like an F1 car in a welsh forest!

Bob

Bob ,

I remember the 306 rally car witht the engine - we were stood in the Forest of Dean when it came out for the first time , having replaced the original 6R4 engine , we could hear it coming on the stage about 5 minutes before it came into sight , an almighty howl teeth.gif . We all just stood there looking at each other in disbelief !! .

Wonderfull car , engine and driver .(Shame I can't remember his name realy )

Dave

believe engine in the gould was modified opel dtm engine - no pneumatic valves - engine built by geoff richardson - i'm a cosworth fan and have alloy bd - but ultimate spec car has to have one of these dtm engines - sure andy burton's engine was done by richardson aswell - there are some vids of andy's "306" around on the web - sounds gorgeous!