Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Standard K silencer/cat, heatshield, manifold

John Vine

Following an upgrade, I've the following exhaust bits for sale from my 1.8:

Standard silencer/cat -- 1999, about 30K miles, side exit, fully working, in good condition except for a scrape underneath. They're over £800 new, I think. Offers around the £250 mark?

Standard 4-1 manifold (single-pipe exit) -- 1999, about 30K miles, good condition. I don't have a good idea what this is worth. They're £325 new, I believe, so make me an offer!

"Silver" heatshield -- 3 years old, good condition, £10. SOLD

Buyer collects, or pays P&P (or uses Nifty's excellent courier service!).

JV

Edited by - John Vine on 15 May 2005 11:57:09

John,

Yes, I got your e-mail OK. I suspect there may be a problem within the AOL server as my response to Paul's Blatmail (see above) also never got through (and he has an AOL e-address too).

Anyway, this is what I wrote in my e-mail to you yesterday:

John,

You have first refusal.

The heatshield is in good condition, and all three mounting points are fine. (I had the same corrosion problem as you some years ago, and a replacement was the only real option!)

The Caterham part no. is 72430, for a 5" silencer. The overall length is 750mm, and the mounting points are at 50mm, 300mm and 525mm (the extra covers the integral cat). Will this fit your XF system?

Re your second question: yes, it's polished ali (for some reason Caterham call it silver -- to distinguish it from the black one, presumably).

JV